Before you finalize on any window dressing it is important that you know about all the different options that are available to you. If you are looking out to install the blinds it is good to be informed about the variety of blinds available in the market. Moreover, each of these types has different features, benefits operation mechanism and cost. Read on to find out about it and choose the best one suitable for your home windows.
Types of Blinds
Even if you do not consider the variety available in each of the types, you will be overwhelmed by looking at the variety in designs and types. The common types of blinds include:
- Vertical window blinds that are simple and hassle-free, made from thin veins of fabric. These are connected to the sliding track that is at the top of the window and suited best for longer windows.
- Pleated blinds are slim and are fitted to the window frames. These are suitable for bi-fold doors as well adding a unique style to your home. Features include partial slat view, child safety and remote control.
- Venetian blinds are most versatile as it can be rotated, raised and lowered as much as you require and can be pivoted by a wand or a cord.
- Conservatory day and night blinds are perfect to avoid distracting daylight or heat escape from your room. You can alter the two types of shade. These are two types of blinds in one.
- Roller blinds are cost effective that has a single vein of material. You can roll it up within a cassette and control it by a cord connected on one side of it. These are stylish and will give a sophisticated look to your room.
- Thermal window blinds are environmentally friendly and economical blinds to preserve room heat and prevent external noise.
You can also choose electric blinds if you live in a smart home.
Blinds Suitable for Homes
All homes need specific window blinds that will provide privacy as well as complete security. Roman blinds are more practical for homes coming in various materials even textiles and bamboo. It is easy to use and you can roll it up when you do not need it.
Vertical blinds are also very useful to consider when you want to match it with different décor. These are available in various designs and colors and are known for its high functionality and durable value.
You may also choose horizontal blinds for your home if you have much furniture made of wood. These blinds are suitable for areas having high humidity as it has humidity control ability.
Blinds Suitable for Office
You can also use blinds for your office. The factors that you should consider while choosing the office blinds include high quality and durability. You must consider its ability to match the style and add an appeal to your office. Not only a good and well-designed window blind will lift up the look of an office but at the same time, it will protect the computers and furniture from the harsh sunlight.
Different types such as Venetian, vertical, roller and roman blinds can be made of aluminum or wood and these can be very good for offices. Roman blinds are also made from fabrics that will be apt for your office windows. These blinds are more expensive than others and highly attractive with high functional value.
Make sure that you opt for light colors so that it is not distractive. Choosing bright colors are also very informal and therefore must be avoided for office. Amongst all, brown and white blinds are best suitable for office windows.