Have you ever heard of the term tile regrouting? If not, then you are about to do so. This re-grouting of tile is known to be a major process to improve the appearance of tiled space dramatically at a much lower cost than you have expected. You don’t have to waste money to replace the old tiles at all, as these options are the best one you could have asked for. It is not always broken tiles which you might be suffering from. There are times when you have grouts on tiles, which will make the space look ugly and disgusting. So, in stead of changing the tiles, if you can make way to remove the grout, the tiles will look as good as new ones.
More about the idea behind re-grouting of tile:
In general terms, a specialized tool happens to be used for removing the grout from around the tiles to depth of around 3 to 4mm. Just like with any other procedures, there is always a preparation plan involved with the art of tile regrouting that everyone needs to follow. It is vital for the outcome to be sure. After completing the preparation scale, the area will then have to be vacuumed and cleaned, and a new grout with anti-mold option will be placed.
- There are some additives used with the grout over here. These products are known for their anti-mold option. This additive helps in controlling the growth of bacteria and its activities.
- It comprises of some of the protective qualities which are perfect for the areas suffering from high humidity like shower stalls and bathrooms.
- As these additives are made with the molecular structure, so it is not likely to wash or just wear off and might help continue giving protection throughout the grout’s lifetime.
Ways to remove grout:
If you are planning to deal with the tile regrouting option then you might have to understand the steps involved. These steps are subjected to change from one grout condition to another.
- For the first step, you must grind and then scrape out the old grout accumulation from the corners of the tiles. For that, the market houses some of the best tools to consider.
- Make sure to attach the removal unit and then set bit depth to around ¼ in. Then you must run the tool guides between grind and tiles through old grout. Later, you must clean the joints with the help of grout saw.
- For the next step of tile regrouting, you must spread the grout first. For that, you can use one specialized tool by the name of grout float. Make sure to push the grout in a diagonal manner across and right into the vacant joints.
- For the next stop, it is mandatory to wipe off the excess. You can do that with the help of damp sponge and then rinse it off.
The entire process is not going to take more than 20 minutes to cover and it is not always necessary for you to call pros for the right help. A film will develop over the tile few minutes after applying the grout. After the grout has dried within a span of 3 to 4 weeks, you can easily protect it with the grout sealer now.
So, the next time you want to learn more about the ways revolving around tile regrouting, log online and check out the YouTube videos on the same. Professionals have their own accounts and sharing information with the people on that.