Working at height is very dangerous and a slight mistake can cause serious injuries and you can even die due to lack of height safety measurements. Proper precautions should be taking while working at a height. You have to be extra careful, skilled, trained and should have proper safety measures to work at a height. Whenever you have to work at a height of two meters or more than two meters then always use proper height safety system to stay safe. Especially when you are working in the construction industry and you have to work on height, you must use some height safety tools or equipments for your own safety.
Height Safety Tips Which You Must Follow:
Always use inert protection, when working at height it is very important to keep yourself or your workers safe. Use railings because working within the rails will keep your workers safe. For different type of rooftop different type of railings are available and these railings are one of the easiest and safest ways to keep one safe while working at a height.
- Always do proper research and buy the best fall protection system. Never buy things by their price because cheap fall protection system cannot able to protect your workers from height. Fall protection system vary according to the height, type of work and many other factors so consider all important factors and then buy the best height safety system.
- Always get your equipment’s specially harness and lanyards checked from time to time from specialists who have the knowledge of checking it and can also correct the defects in it. It is a good practice to check the equipment’s prior to every time you use it. In this regard, you can hire some height safety experts to evaluate your project sites and they can suggest you the best height safety tools for your protection.
- Make sure you select an adequate anchor point. The anchor point you have selected should be able to withstand the weight of the person attached and 5000 lbs. per person attached. You need proper certification and the endorsement of an engineer to use something as an anchor point.
How Would You Work Safely On Height?
Always take help from your partner while working at a height never try to do things on your own, have faith in your partner. It is easy to work in pair rather than work alone at a height. So, it is better to work along with a group of workers on height and they can help you to prevent any accident.
- If you are using a ladder than use it very carefully because you can really hurt yourself if you slip of the ladder or if your ladder slips off. Your employees should be properly trained so that they know how to use the height safety tools and equipment’s properly. If you also don’t know how to use the height safety equipment’s properly then always hire a professional to do the work for you.
- If your workers are making use of the lift to reach a certain height where any sort of construction, mending has to be done then make sure that the worker is tied properly in case of a boom lift, they should have a lanyard which is actually going to safeguard them from falling.
Follow proper height safety measure while working at a height, never be impulsive while working at a height, always be cool and composed as it will help you to focus in your work and you will not make any mistake and put your life at risk.