If your kitchen is not very spacious, then there is a lot of daily struggle to store all the necessary things that are required in the kitchen. Whether it is the kitchen cupboards which spill out with the several contents and you can find small on your countertop for the preparation of the food. So, to include more storage space, you need to install proper kitchen cabinets and you can choose some wall mounted cabinets or frameless shelves for your kitchen to save the space. Apart from that, you can attach a small breakfast table with your kitchen countertop, or you can add the sink area with your exiting countertop to save your space.
No matter how small the kitchen you have, there are several tricks of maximizing the available space in your small kitchen in order to ensure that you can work properly in your kitchen. One of the wisest ways to make the most out of a small dimensional kitchen is to opt for an effective re-designing. The re-designing should necessarily be done by a professional kitchen designing expert so that the available space is efficiently as well as effectively be used for best outputs.
#6 Tips to design your small Kitchen:
In order to make the most out of your small kitchen, here are few of the very useful tricks and tips which would help you in maximizing the space that you have in your kitchen.
- Using light shades – In case you are struggling to refit your small kitchen, then you should choose a kitchen with a light finishing shade. A high-glossy paint should be ideally used which would help in reflecting the light around the room in an effective manner. This would make the kitchen look spacious and comfortable. Plus, you can install some LED lights in your kitchen to save your power consumption bill, and don’t forget to install proper ventilations in your kitchen to allow some natural lights during daytime.
- Getting rid of the clutter – This is absolutely necessary to get rid of the clutter from the kitchen and have to keep all your kitchen utensils and accessories in designated places instead of cluttering here and there within the kitchen. In this regard, you need to install some cabinets and cupboards in the kitchen to maximum your storage space. You can add number of shelves and drawers in your cabinets to access more storage.
- Installing a boiling water tap – In small kitchens, multi-tasking gadgets are of great utility. An instant hot water tap can help you get the hot water very easily that you often require in the kitchen for cooking. So, by adopting this, you would be able to save a considerable amount of space by getting rid of the kettle.
- Considering some space outside the kitchen – In case you are struggling terribly due to space crunch in the kitchen, then you can remove some of the lesser used items in the kitchen like the baking equipment, few kitchen gadgets etc.
- Fitting in cupboard storage solutions – You should necessarily make good use of all your kitchen cupboards. Using your kitchen cupboards, baskets and plate racks by every inch optimally would ensure that you clear the clutter from the workable areas of your kitchen. You should adopt more and more retro-fitted options like cup hooks and wall plate racks etc. to make your kitchen neat and clean.
- Choosing energy-efficient appliances – You should make it a point to choose only A+ rated energy efficient appliances for your small kitchen which would be good for your kitchen environment as well as for your energy bills.
The above tips and inspirations would surely help you in managing your space in the small kitchens optimally and have a pleasant cooking experience day in and day out.