Ageing is something that cannot be stopped, but with the right lifestyle habits and eating the right healthy food, we can slow this process and keep the youthful look for a longer time. The following list of foods will help you age better, so keep on reading to find out what you should add to your everyday diet.
- Dark Chocolate – Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants that actually reduce blood pressure and improve arterial function and elasticity. Also, the antioxidants known as flavanols found in dark chocolate can protect the skin from sun damage and improve skin hydration, thickness and smoothness. So, maybe it’s time to replace the milk chocolate with a dark one. Not only you will have a glowing skin, but you will also stay fit.
- Fatty fish – Omega-3 fats are known to prevent heart disease, inflammation as well as damage that occurs during sun exposure. Also, the astaxanthin found in salmon, can improve skin elasticity and hydration, which makes fatty fish one of the best anti-aging foods.
- Vegetables – Vegetables are of course part of healthy diets. Carrots, pumpkin and sweet potato are high in beta carotene and as such protect against sun radiation and free radicals. Also, vegetables are rich in vitamin C, which is essential for collagen production. Tomatoes, broccoli and leafy greens may be the vegetables with the richest Vitamin C content.
- Flaxseeds – Flaxseeds are also the type of food you should for healthier skin. They can protect the skin from sun damage and improve smoothness and this is because they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Avocados – Avocados have many health benefits, and one of them is protecting the skin from sun damage as well as the DNA in your skin cells.
The above foods are some of the best ones you should eat if you want to have a healthy skin. And of course, fluid play an important role too. Make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to stay hydrated. You can also drink green tea which is rich in antioxidants and is also good for your skin. Avoid drinking too much coffee and alcohol because they can dehydrate you easily and the result will be seen on your skin immediately.