Concrete specifically made for delivery is termed as ‘ready mix concrete’, or RMC. Each batch of ready mix concrete is customized in accordance with the requirement of the construction site. This is delivered in cylindrical trucks in an unhardened form.
Opting for RMC, ensure of less wastage of material, saving on the cost of labor, and reducing the costs needed for storage. The ingredient’s ratio is maintained in an accurate manner.
Some of The Benefits Associated with This Ready Mix Concrete:
1. Quality Assurance:
Quality with RMC is maintained constantly, which is not possible with traditional concrete. This factor of quality is a sticky issue with the engineers and construction firms.
2. Reduction in Construction Time:
Expenses are minimized when you opt for ready mix concrete, as this tends to cut down on the consumption of material, storage, and costs of labor. The preparation of the RMS is done by keeping a strict watch on the proportion of the ingredients. This is maintained in a consistent manner. The very idea of using manual labor for mixing concrete on the specific site is eliminated, which leads to further saving. You also tend to save on the storage required otherwise.
3. Low Maintenance Costs:
Buildings constructed using concrete are strong and long lasting as compared to buildings made with other materials. Besides this, there is negligible maintenance required, which makes this RMC an ideal choice for any type of constructions. You need to be aware that buildings made with other materials can be affected by dampness and humidity, this is not so with the concrete buildings. Concrete tends to get stronger with the passing of time and does not harbor termites or molds.
The ingredients of concrete are water, cement, and aggregate. These ingredients are readily available and have less impact on the environment. The main source of the raw materials is a quarry and this can be reclaimed quickly for commercial or residential purposes.
Choosing a Supplier:
Before deciding on a specific ready mix concrete supplier, it is important that you consider specific factors.
1. It is important that a batch of the ready mix concrete reach the construction site within an hour and a half once it is prepared. Thus, it is advisable to look for a supplier who is located close to the construction site.
2. You need to ensure that not only the supplier is well qualified and reputed but also the professionals employed for this job of pouring the concrete are well versed with their job. This can save time and experienced professionals can do this job without any mistake and smoothly.
3. Check out the truck size as if the road leading to the construction site is narrow and you have the suppliers only with big trucks facility then this can lead to problems. The number of trucks available with the supplier can make a difference to the casting time.
4. It is advisable to look for a supplier, who has volumetric trucks, drum mixers, and the other tools required for the pouring of the ready mix concrete. This eases your job at the construction site. Else, you have to make such arrangements.
You might find a reliable supplier of ready mix concrete, you need to consider multiple factors to ensure the job is done to perfection. A professional will take the trouble to explain the whole procedure to a client so that you know what you are heading for. A chosen company should be following the standard procedure for this ready mix concrete so that you are assured of the quality of the concrete and the labor.