A buzzword we have been consistently coming across over the last couple of years is double glazed windows. But what are double glazed windows and what benefits do they bring? Should you be using them in your next property? In this article, let’s get to know all there is to know about double glazed windows.
A double-glazed window comprises two glass panes that are divided with the help of a bar in order to create a layer of insulation and keep the indoor temperature in control. The gap between the two glass panes is occupied by inert gas or hydrated air in order to facilitate insulation and prevent condensation. If you are looking to reduce your power consumption expenses significantly then, cheap double glazed windows are an apt option. They are energy saving powerhouses that provide insulation and allow natural sunlight to filter into your home. You can save up to 20 percent of your power expenses vis-a-vis single glazed windows.
Advantages of Double-Glazed Windows
For optimal performance, the thickness of your double-glazed windows must range from 6mm to 20mm when filled with dehydrated air. If you think the benefits of cheap double glazed windows are limited to power consumption, you couldn’t be more wrong. Double glazed windows bring with them a score of benefits for your new home or commercial establishment. Here are some of them:
- As they are windows that provide complete insulation, cheap double glazed windows also work tremendously well in blocking out adverse effects of outside climate conditions. For example, for those living by the sea, metal erosion and the development of rust is a common problem due to the salt content in the air. Trust double glazed windows to be complete air protector for your property.
- Cheap double glazed windows are excellent on the security front as they are a lot more difficult to break into as compared to conventional windows.
- You can trust your cheap double glazed windows to do that job of expensive soundproofing of doors by blocking out all the noise from the external of your home to give you a serene and quiet environment indoors. Double-glazed windows are a great investment for offices in busy areas looking to give their employees a comfortable work atmosphere.
- Block out moisture and harmful UV rays from the outside environment that can cause the wooden artifacts to weaken and rot and increase the lifespan of carpets, drapes and other furniture in your home with the help of your double-glazed windows
- Even cheap double glazed windows last for years and are a durable and sturdy investment for your home
- Double glazed windows are going to help you fetch a lot more for your home in the event of an imminent resale of your property
- Double glazed windows are aesthetically appealing and lend visual elegance to your home
It is that double glazed windows are going to cost you more than the single glazed variant. This may seem like an unnecessary superfluous expense to many at the onset. But when you weigh the monetary benefits the double-glazed windows bring against their initial cost, you’re going to consider them to be cheap and worth the investment.
Maintaining double glazed windows is also an easy affair. Choose a cloudy dull day to wipe clean your windows in order to prevent streaks from forming on the surface from strong sunlight. Simply use a hot water and vinegar solution with a sponge and wipe top-down with a clean, dry cloth after moistening the window. Enjoy the long-lasting benefits of cheap double-glazed windows with regular maintenance and watch your power consumption get lighter in your pocket.