Who wants to live with bad odor and stinky bathrooms? Blocked drains can lead to significant health issues, notwithstanding the hassles caused. However, cleaning blocked drains can be a very frustrating and tiresome job. You can choose to clean drains by using a pipe cleaning spiral which can be effective for loosening the stuck deposits. But you are recommended to hire professional plumbing services to clean the blocked drains because you will not able to repair faulty pipes because sometimes there can be hidden errors which a layman will not be able to find so it’s better to hire a person who has years of experience in cleaning blocked drains.
The biggest problem related to blockages is that wastewater gets clogged. Wastewater is contaminated with grease, feces, and waste from sinks or toilets; Urine also leads to deposits through urine stone, which can hinder flow. These elements lead to an unhygienic environment that becomes the ideal spot for the growth of harmful bacteria and viruses. Exposure to wastewater can cause a variety of serious diseases like diarrhea, abdominal cramps, dysentery, etc. Obstacles made of wastes typically form in pipe bends. There they are not accessible without special tools, especially if the pipes are in a wall.
How to Clean Blocked Drains?
There are different tools and strategies that you can use for cleaning blockages:
- Spiral: The spiral is either wound open at the end and thus a standalone tool, or it brings the actual tool (drill, tiller or the like), which is attached to the top of the spiral, to the site. For use with separate tools, pipe cleaning spirals have different coupling systems. These have the advantage that depending on the existing pipe blockage, a suitable tool may be used. Due to the design of the spiral, while it can transmit pressure and rotation, no lateral forces are involved. The spiral follows the pipe course up to the obstacle in the pipe.
- Plunger: A plunger is a mechanical device or material designed to unclog washbasins, sinks and pipes. The material is mechanical and uses the concept of vacuum. There are mechanical devices, respectful of the environment. A variant needs the basins and pipes related to the blocked drains to be disassembled, following which, they are cleaned the siphon is refit. In another variant, a suction cup is used.
- Chemical dischargers: These are dangerous and can cause severe burns. These are toxic to aquatic organisms. The basic drainers contain mainly sodium hydroxide (caustic soda); some contain potassium hydroxide. They are available in liquid or solid form. Liquids may contain sodium hypochlorite (a component of bleach) and sodium hydroxide (sodium or potassium hydroxide) in concentrations of up to 50%. Other corrosive products are bicomponents, the two parts are mixed when pouring into the opening of the pipe. The mixture reacts, forming a gas captured by surfactants, forming a dense foam. The purpose of this foaming is to adhere to the inner wall of the pipe, to dislodge a greater proportion of substances that caused its obstruction.
Benefits of Hiring A Professional Cleaning Company:
- Modern equipment: A professional company can clean every type of pipes and drains, no matter how stubborn the blockage is. They have the latest technology and can function very fast.
- Reliable and long-lasting results: A professional cleaning job will ensure that the problem will not return anytime soon. If it does return within a pre-specified warranty period, the company usually fixes the issue for free.
- Economical: The services of professional blocked drains cleaning companies are quite nominal, and you can get discounts too.
It can be concluded that, you should clean blockages effectively by hiring professionals. This will not only have long term impact but will also save costs.