The actual meaning of cantilever is hung over in reference to gate openings. Such types of gates are supported by rails which usually run along a fence structure present inside. Cantilever gates are much wider than the usual sliding gates and are hung across gates counterbalance without rollers on ground. Thus, it does not cause any obstruction on the ground. It has become an ideal choice for industrial and heavy-duty gates applications. No external bracing is required for suspending these gates on a construction site. No part of these gates touches the ground directly or indirectly. It is desirable that gate frame should be constructed in such a way so that it can withstand wind pressure plus gravity force. In order to avoid the condition of sagging, diagonal bracing along with trusses are placed at the gate structure strategically.
Need for Cantilever Gates-
- It does not require lateral space. Mostly, these gates slide along the construction fences and thus
eliminate the requirement of lateral space effectively. Designs of these gates are supported only
from a single side. Therefore, it can be i operated easily. The widths can be extended up to 10 m
- Cantilever gates are ideal for gravel or uneven surfaces. Two roller sets are sufficient for gliding
such gates which are attached to a strong concrete foundation. Such arrangements make easy, smooth and reliable operation of these gates.
- It can properly work on inclination or angles. There is no requirement for leveling the ground before its installation.
- Its movement is not affected by any weather conditions such as snow and even ice.
- The properly designed, installed and fabricated gates have prolonged life with easy operation.
- It can be installed faster without any trouble. Ground track is not required when these gates are
being installed at any construction site as you can suspend it from the concrete structure only.
- Since there is no use of wheels in moving these gates in or out, they are perfect for commercial/
industrial properties as they are quieter when compared to the normal floor-road system.
- Cantilever gates are mostly designed on order which exactly suits projects needs.
- You will find galvanized cable being used for cross balancing the entire gate span.
- For protecting against entrapments there is a provision of gap protectors along with roller covers.
- These gates are tested in harsh weather conditions so that they can bear the extreme load easily.
- Self-aligning plus lubricating balls are sealed properly.
Three Standard Types of Cantilever Gates-
- Box frame gates- these are most suitable for closing an enclosure up to sixty meters wide. This cantilever gates offer maximum resistance against strong wind furthermore gravity force. It mainly comprises of steel cabling plus aluminum support.
- Heavy duty gates- it provides incomparable rigidity along with stability in operation up to thirty meters of width. Here you will notice four wheels truck assemblies thoroughly tested furthermore designed for harsh weather conditions & extreme load.
- Structural gates- in such type of gates you will find dual track system which accommodates an opening of a front meter wide. Its reliable operation is ensured by semi-enclosed aluminum tracks offering optimal security to commercial/ industrial properties.
Various Options Available
In the market, you will find multiple options of cantilever gates designed for offering optimal security in an attractive finish. Aluminum alloy is mainly used for frames & pickets. For ornamental designs in these systems, you will get concave as well as convex configuration. Such gates can even add aesthetic vision to your building structure.