Cardboard is a common packaging material for shipping of different items. There are many advantages of using cardboard in the transportation of products, as it protects the items being shipped. It is very inexpensive and changes shape easily as and when needed for the project. It is an important part of all the shipping which is done all over the world.
Here are a Few Advantages of Using Cardboard Packaging Boxes
- Protects Items: As it is used in packaging, it protects the items which are being shipped or moved. The process includes a lot of cardboard pieces that provide a cushion to the items which are kept in the boxes on top of each other. This is a real benefit when you plan to move fragile items such as pieces of glass, televisions, computers or delicate pieces of furniture with flat surfaces. More cardboard when placed on the top surface provides more cushioning and provides protection for the items. This also makes the packaging proper and items don’t move much during the transport.
- Easily Sealed: Cardboard packaging boxes can be sealed firmly and in a number of ways. You can use metal staples to keep and hold the cardboard together, as it is thick and does not easily tear if a package is dropped or if it falls on the ground. The surface of the cardboard boxes that are used for packaging also gets attached easily to the tape or glue that can be easily used to seal the package effectively. This keeps the cardboard around the item until it is opened. This advantage of the cardboard makes it useful on a large scale.
- Cheap and Light Material: Cardboard packaging boxes are cheap to produce. It is usually made from the materials which are recycled and it does not cost a lot of money if it is purchased at a wholesale rate. Other packaging materials are made from plastic, wood or metal. These are expensive as compared to cardboard and are heavier too. This adds to the shipping costs which are too lower for the cardboard packaging boxes. When the items are shipped to long distances, the weight plays a major role and so cardboard is preferred over any other material. The boxes do not weigh much. In fact, the weight does not make a difference when they are placed on a weighing scale. No matter the thickness of the material which you use in the customization of the package boxes, the feature is still the same. Also, as they are lightweight they are easier to transport from one place to another.
- Flexibility: Some pieces of cardboard are incredibly heavy and rigid to protect what they are packed inside. While there are also cardboard options that are used to wrap around the material. This makes sure that the material is not wasted and also the package is not bulky and difficult to ship or store. Cardboard is malleable and it can be wrapped around any shape. As the boxes are highly adaptable, they can be easily given any shape. This gives a good option to the manufacturers to design unique boxes which will envelop their products completely.
- Packaging Safety: If you are looking at packaging boxes which will provide you the maximum safety, then these are the ones which will provide that. Cardboard packaging boxes are designed in such a way that they provide protection to the goods that are there inside. They also prevent the goods which are being packaged from banging around. However, the boxes also make sure that the products which are being manufactured do not vibrate and are protected from jerks and shock.
The boxes are available at all the times and there is no shortage of the cardboard as it can be made from recycled products too. Hence, they are an excellent option for the packaging.